I work with individuals age 18 and older. While I work with a wide variety of individuals, I particularly enjoy working with folks from the LGBT* community, activists, and those who feel like they’re a bit different from most people they encounter.
I have extensive experience working with LGBT*, polyam, and kink-identified individuals.
I work best with people who are willing to engage deeply in the therapeutic process, who are interested in understanding their own role in their challenges, and who are willing to make meaningful (and sometimes difficult!) changes in the service of their longer term goals.
I also particularly enjoy working with those who are therapists themselves, and who are looking to deepen their awareness of themselves through exploration of countertransference issues.
I work comfortably on a wide variety of concerns, although there are some areas in which I have more extensive training and experience. These include:
- LGBTQIA* issues
- Grief, loss, and bereavement
- Interpersonal/relationship challenges
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, particularly relating to sexual assault
- Life transitions (having a child, moving to a new city, graduating from college…)
- Self-identity, self-understanding, and self-compassion